In this episode we’re discussing marketing for the music industry.
To talk us through the topic we’re joined by guest Alison Clancy who runs specialist marketing services for artists and companies in the music sector.
Subscribe links below:
As with any niche sector, building momentum behind emerging artists has its own challenges and plenty of opportunities. Probably more so than any other, the music industry has been turned on its head over the last 10-15 years.
The business model is now completely different which means artists have far more opportunity to get their music out without the need for a major label or large-scale distribution. This also means the approach to marketing has changed dramatically.
What this episode covers:
- Why Alison decided to niche down on the music sector
- Who Alison works with – what type of artists / what stage of their careers?
- Live music is obviously struggling in the Covid world – how has this impacted the sector?
- What’s working well for music artists when it comes to marketing
- Where should independent artists start when it comes to marketing?